Wednesday 14 March 2012

Yamba Main Beach & Pippy Beach

Well it’s been awhile since I’ve been on the BLOG, hope I remember everything worth mentioning.  As I said before beautiful Yamba the beaches and rocks to be explored just gorgeous.  We met some lovely people in Yamba the coffee shop owner of the VINTAGE STORE where I had my photo with BETTY BOO also got a loan of two kayaks.  Went around the inlet for a couple hours Chris put the fishing line off the back no luck.  I had a great time at the GYM WAVES the owners were wonderful very friendly. So it was sad when we left that great little community!!!
IMAG0310 (Medium)IMAG0311 (Medium)IMAG0312 (Medium)IMAG0314 (Medium)IMAG0316 (Medium)IMAG0315 (Medium)
Had a cheap breakfast at Ashby Markets
IMAG0309 (Medium)

Drive to Ballina Via Little Italy

On the drive to BALLINA we stopped at LITTLE ITALY it  was very interesting.  Had scones and coffee very nice, but my the look of my tummy I don’t need any more of that sort of stuff Sad smile The perils of travelling around is having morning tea everyday and 5pm drinks.  Anyway the museum and pavilion was very informative.  The story is about forty families immigrating to Australia and all their trials and tribulations.  They arrived in Sydney July 1880 were given free land in the northern rivers region and work they did.  They grew grapes and fantastic market gardens, the soil was like cement and very poor but they managed HARD WORK!!!!!  I recommend a visit if passing it’s on the Pacific Highway before Ballina. 
 IMAG0317 (Medium)

No comments:

Post a Comment